Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

Accordion Album - With a Twist !

Hi folks! Teresa here showing what was a fun afternoon project:


It's an accordion album with a difference - I guess the best way to think of it would be two books intertwined.  Sounds complicated, but it's not.......it's all made from one die: the Sizzix Bigz Accordion Flip 3D Album.

You simply need to cut out however many pages you'd like in your album.  I wanted four, and I followed the simple diagrams in the die packaging to put mine together. Further detailed instructions are available online. Being a Sizzix Bigs die, it can cut a number of pages at once, so the cutting part actually takes very little time at all. Here's how I assembled my book:

Step 1
I cut four pages from white cardstock, five pages from green patterned paper and four orange stripe centre pieces. I have used KaiserCraft's Curiosity range of papers and stickers.



Step 2
Glue the green papers to the white cardstock. The fifth green paper will be glued to the front of the book. Sponge all edges with brown ink.

 
Step 3
Glue the orange pieces to the centres.

 
Step 4
There is a die available that fits perfectly in the centre piece (called the Bracket Frame die), but I found the Spellbinders Labels One a suitable substitute.  I cut four of these out from cream polka dot paper and embellished these pieces before adhering them to the book.
 
I started by applying Coral Glitter Paste through the Fancy Feathers stencil: 



 
and then I embellished each page with stickers and images I cut out from the patterned paper.  Here's the front page:
 
 
 and here's a view from the top so you can see how the book is put together:
 

 
This was a fun way to spend an hour or two. It's possible to keep adding pages in exactly the same way to make a really long book to display on a mantle for example. A book like this with photos of grandchildren would be fantastic for a grandparent's birthday, wouldn't it?  Or a twenty-first birthday with room for everyone's signatures. The possibilities are endless!

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog