Pages

Monday 31 March 2014

Holiday Scrapbooking - Creating away from your craft room


Hey guys!

It's Holly here with a couple of quick layouts!
I've been away recently and even though I'm relaxing I still like to be able to craft when I'm away. This time I only took a few basic items. Have a look at the two pages I created from 4 sheets of patterned paper and two sheets of card stock. ( funnily I didn't expect to make more than one layout and and took one photo away with me) !!


In addition I took a paper trimmer, double sided tape, glue, two distress Inks, some brads,  two embellishments and a couple of word titles.

Products used:
1x sheet Bo Bunny serenity Fans
1x sheet of Bo Bunny serenity Love
1x Sheet of Bo Bunny Serenity Tomoko
1x Sheet of Bo Bunny Serenity Luck
1x sheet of Kaisercard Vanila Weave
2x globes from the Prima Junkyard Findings vintage trinkets typo bulbs #1
A couple of words from 7gypsies chip tags words
A large handful of small red brads.
1x small manilla tag.

Starting with the "family" page:


I really loved the Bo Bunny Serenity Love patterned paper, so I wanted to make it the main paper on my layout. I inked with black soot distress ink around the edge after I had cut 1/2" off from two sides and then used tape to adhere it to another patterned paper from the Serenity range - fans.
I cut a few inch thick strips from the "luck" patterned paper and inked around again with black soot. I then arranged them behind my photo and cut a Matt for my photo out of "Tomoko" patterned paper ( I inked around the Matt for the photo with fired brick distress ink).



I folded over the corner of my base sheet and used a red brad to affix the corner over to show the other side of the paper. I also used a brad on each end of my thin strips to add embellishment.
I inked my chip tag word  with the fired brick distress ink to tie the colour in. 


I then got a scrap of red cardstock and traced around the junkyard tricket and glued the scrap to the back of the globe to give it colour. I then glued the globe to my layout.
finally I grabbed a piece of ribbon and tied in through my manilla tag and journaled about my photo with a journalling pen.

This page was really quick and I was happy with the outcome. However, wheni looked at the paper scraps leftover I saw another page forming in my mind..... So I continued to play….


I used plain cardstock as the back sheet and then cut the patterned paper luck out and rounded the corners. I used Tomoko again as the Matt for the photo and luck for the large band of paper across. I then cut lots of small pieces of the leftover scraps to create the multi coloured part at the bottom.
I inked all the pieces with either black soot or fired brick and the. Started to glue the pieces down


To make sure I got all the smaller pieces in line I drew a line in pencil to line up to as I glued the pieces down. I used the brads again on each of the smaller pieces of paper and inked the chip word with fired brick. Lastly I fixed the globe onto the page, this time without the colour behind.

It goes to show from a few bits and pieces and not even having your full stash to hand impressive layouts can be made away from home. 

Until next time happy scrapping!

Holly



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog