Pages

Monday 12 January 2015

Happy New Year Crafters

Hi crafters it's Naomi here, I hope you all had a great Christmas and are ready for a year full of crafty/arty goodness.
Today I have a quick little fridge calendar project to kick off the new year.

I started with a piece of grey/white board cut to 3 1/2" x 8" and a small tear off calendar.


Next I sponged some Guacamole, Turquoise and Mermaid fresco chalk paint over the surface to give the appearance of grass and sky.


Once the paint was dry I used stamps from the JOFY 10 set. I stamped the criss cross stamp along the bottom where the green is using Sap Green archival ink and the flowers using Jet Black archival ink. I  placed a post it note just below where I wanted to put the calendar to mask off the area so the stems wouldn't poke out underneath.


I then used a yellow and orange inktense block with an aqua brush to colour the flowers.


Next I stamped out the saying on to white card stock with black archival ink and cut it up into smaller sections before gluing it and the calendar in place.


The final step is to put some magnetic tape onto the back and pop it on the fridge :)

I hope you like this little project and have a go at making one yourself.

Cheers Naomi x






1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a quick reference calendar to have on the fridge ! We have a reference calendar on our fridge and it is so handy ! Thanks for a great idea Naomi.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on our blog