Pages

Sunday 1 February 2015

Valentines Mixed Media Card Tutorial - Brianna Fitzgerald


Hello everyone, Bri here ... this month I have a mixed media valentines day card for you using fresco chalk paint and some scrap papers. I really enjoyed making this card, using some of the techniques I've learnt at Crafters Cupboard workshops. 



IMG_2979_2



First steps:
Taking a piece of white card stock I put it through my Sizzix using a flourish embossing folder. Considering my paper was quite thin I put a light layer of Liquitex White Gesso (a) followed by a dry brush of (b) Fresco Finish Paint - Lilac.


IMG_2916
(a)
IMG_2917_2
(b)                    
                  
Cutting a small amount of hessian, I lightly coated it with some spray adhesive to stop from fraying. I then ripped up a couple of pieces of scrap paper and adhered them with Liquitex Matte Medium to the card base. Using Fresco Finish Chalk (white) paint I smudged a little onto the designer paper to knock back the patterns.

Next steps:
I then took three Fresco Finish Chalk Paints (Moon Light, Pansy and Pewter) and made each into a mini mister using 1 part paint to 3 part water. Using the sprays I alternated them, spraying the card giving a good layer of paint, drying in-between each colour using the heat gun. Some areas depending on how far I sprayed the paint became quite concentrated so I used a water mister and let the paint run around the card again while using the heat gun to dry the page. The last layer of paint sprayed / flicked on was the Fresco Finish Chalk.

IMG_2948_2

Once the page was completely dry I scrunched the paper up in my hands ripping and curling the edges.

To create the sentiment, I masked off the birds and heart from the Jofy Love Birds Mini 20 and stamped the word "Lovebirds" onto black card stock using Versamark Ink and embossing with Zing White Embossing Powder. Cutting the sentiment using a banner die I then used some 3d tape to stick onto the card base.

Final Steps:
To finish I stuck this card mat onto a slightly larger black card mat with a piece small ripped piece of white floss using Liquitex Matt Medium. This card base was then stuck on a white 5.5 inch x 4 inch card blank and finished off with a couple of purple enamel dots and the wooden birds.

I hope this inspires you to create some mixed media valentines cards this year.

Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog