Pages

Friday 14 February 2014

Valentine Treasure Box


Hi there - Teresa here bringing you a Valentine's day project with an old world vintage feel to it.

I wanted to design something that could hang on a wall year round, and something that wasn't necessarily girly.  This is what I came up with:


Read on for step by step instructions:

The Shadow Box can be found here : Shadow Box

Step 1
Paint any areas of the Twiddleybitz shadow box you don't intend to cover with paper. I have used a deliciously vintage purple colour of Fresco Finish acrylic called Squid Ink here, and applied with with a sponge:

Step 2
Cover the front frame of the shadow box with paper. I have used Paper Artsy's Thorndon Hall paper pack:
Step 3
To give the frame more texture, I mixed some of the Squid Ink with Grunge Paste and applied it through a Brocade stencil:


Step 4
Once dry, I applied some Treasure Gold and buffed with a soft cloth:


Step 5
I used the Brocade stencil again to sponge some gold ink onto the backboard of the shadow box. I just did the edges because that's all that will be visible when complete:


Step 6
It's then a matter of stacking some papers to create dimension. I have mixed some Squid Ink paint with water in a Mini Mister to create my own spray, and used this to alter some of the papers:



 

Here I have used some heart shaped Spellbinders dies and some gauze to create a central focus:


Then I added a key cut from some of the patterned paper in the pack with ribbons tied around it, and then added some gold tassel trim:


Step 7
The finishing touches included:

A flourish cut from chipboard with a Sizzix die and some chicken wire coloured with Butterscotch alcohol ink, and some sticker alphabet stickers:


A couple of little corked bottles and a rolled up 'letter':


and lastly a tattered flower made from the sprayed patterned paper:


I hope you've enjoyed my vintage love project!








2 comments:

  1. Awesome project Teresa. Love the way you have used the Paper Artsy Thorndon Hall papers which are now as rare as hens teeth as they no longer make them. Crafters Cupboard have a few left in stock but when they're gone, they're gone !! The Brocade stencilling looks great with the grunge paste and Treasure Gold. Love it all !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Jennifer! I had so much (messy) fun putting it together.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting on our blog