Pages

Monday 16 March 2015

Art Journaling with Geraldine Pasinati

Hello Everyone

Geraldine here with this weeks project, which is in keeping with our theme for March - Purple, Teal and Silver (but I've added some Gold for good measure)

I've completed an art journal page using Paper Artsy Fresco Chalk Finish Paints, Paper Artsy Stamp Hot Pick 1004 and the Tim Holtz Doily Stencil. The page has been journaled into my delicious Dylusions Creative Journal - you can buy them here

I've used a white Gesso (any brand will do)  to provide a base layer to my page so that the products I'm throwing on top don't soak into the journal page too much. This journal has been designed to take the 'wet' of mixed media and the gesso helps to give the page extra strength. Dina Wakeley says that 'gesso is the underwear for your art'. Wise words …..

Next step: Texture with Paper Artsy Grunge Paste through the Tim Holtz Doily stencil - just love the pattern in this stencil and it looks awesome on a journal page.

I then created some sprays with the Fresco Chalk paints using Pumpkin Soup, Inky Pool, Slate and Squid Ink.  The recipe is a simple one - take a mini mister, add ⅔ water, then add ⅓ paint (paint must go into the water, NOT the other way round). Give it a good shake up and voila ! you have a paint spray. For this journal page I've added a pearl additive to the paint to give it a 'shine'.

After spraying the paint I tilted the book and watched the magic happen as the paint spray ran down and across my pages


G3


I then stamped with the Paper Artsy Hot Pick 1004 Stamp, placing the stamps in strategic places around my paint spray and using the sentiment to finish



G2




Finally, I distressed the edges of the double page spread with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink to create a frame for my art journal page ! 


G1


This page was so much fun to do. I love the way the Fresco paints can be used as a spray and effects are gorgeous. You can never go wrong with a Paper Artsy stamp in your art journaling - they work so well and the texture effects created with grunge paste and any good stencil add dimension.

Hope you have enjoyed my project and I look forward to seeing what you can all do.

Til next time

Geraldine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog